BRINK magazine Uncovers Entrepreneur Competition:
#BRINKOutTheBox Discovers The Next Great Entrepreneur
Orlando, FL, August 1, 2012: On September 26, 2012 BRINK magazine will uncover the next great entrepreneur in the 2nd year of its discovery competition. This year, #BRINKOutTheBox, will select four emerging entrepreneurs from an open all who will compete with each other by soliciting votes from Twitter and Facebook social media platforms and encourage voters to cast a vote for their effort.
With a series of three rounds, #BRINKOutTheBox, promises to be an engaging and exciting competition for entrepreneurs to learn from one another and discover a path to their own success. Round one begins Wednesday August 1, 2012 with an open call to any business, brand or organization with an entrepreneurial story about their success.
Round 1 will end Wednesday, August 22, 2012 and BRINK staff will select four finalists to compete in the final round. Criteria to be considered will be what the organization provides, where the organization is headed and how the organization uses its platform. Round two begins Monday, August 27, 2012 with the four finalists competing against one another and soliciting votes from their peers on twitter and Facebook. Twitter users can vote once using #BRINKOuttheBox and the @username and Facebook users can vote in a poll between the four finalists. Voting will end Monday September 10, 2012 and one winner will be chosen and announced to the public September 26, 2012 with the debut of the October/November issue of BRINK.
Award winning BRINK magazine was founded in 2009 as a magazine featuring entrepreneurs in the fields of fashion, entertainment, human interest and pop culture. BRINK held their 1st annual competition, UNCAPPED, in September 2011 where more than 800 guests attended and the magazine was a trending topic on Twitter in Florida. BRINK magazine as voted by thedailycity.com readers as the Best magazine in Orlando 2012.
Official Rules and Regulations:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. 2. Only legal U.S. residents age 18 or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in BRINK contests. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the BRINK, Cumulus Media Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates, participating sponsors, other radio BRINKs, television BRINKs and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others. 3. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest. The BRINK reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing. 4. The contest will begin on August 1, 2012 and will run through September 12, 2012 (the “Contest Period”). 5. There is one way to enter this Contest with three rounds:
Step 1. Like BRINK on Facebook
Step 2. Submit your business, brand or organization and why their entrepreneurial story will inspire BRINK readers on the Facebook page tab by Wednesday August, 22, 2012.
Four finalists will be selected by BRINK staff and notified by Sunday, August 26, 2012.
The Four finalists will be announced Monday, August 27th.
Step 1. THE FOUR FINALISTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SOLICIT VOTES.
Nominees are encouraged to campaign and have friends vote for them via Facebook and Twitter.
Nominees are encouraged to embed campaign videos to be placed on our Facebook page #BRINKOutTheBox Tab and website to solicit votes.
Nominators via Twitter must be active Twitter users prior to the start of the competition.
Votes originating from new Twitter accounts or accounts used mainly for #BRINKOUTTHEBOX voting will automatically be disqualified and will not count toward the rankings.
We reserve the right to disqualify nominees that do any of the following: violate trademarks, infringe copyrights, impersonate others, invade privacy, make threats of violence, promote illegal activities, promote pornography, spam others, use bots, scripts or other automated means for voting, engage in abusive behavior, promise anything of value in exchange for a nomination, or otherwise violate the friendly spirit of the awards.
1. Vote on special poll on Facebook.com/brinkmag and the BRINKOutTheBox tab. 2. Use hashtag #brinkoutthebox and @username (maximum one vote per user).
(iii) One winner will be chosen Wednesday, September 12, 2012 and notified.
The winner will be announced with the new issue debuting Wednesday, September 26th.
Win: The BRINK Magazine October/November cover story, prize package, $1000 furnished by BRINK
6. On September 12, 2012 one (1) entrant will be selected from all eligible entries (4) as potential grand prize winner. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible to receive the grand prize, in the BRINK’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be randomly selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the BRINK’s sole discretion.
7. One (1) grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize package consists of the following: October/November 2012 BRINK Magazine cover and spread featuring your entrepreneurial story, $1000 prize furnished by BRINK and prizes to be determined at BRINK”s discretion. All expenses and fees associated with the grand prize not expressly included in the foregoing prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner.
8. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and listeners participating at any given time.
9. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize. The BRINK reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize. BRINK shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
11. All prizes must be claimed in person at the BRINK office at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays, unless otherwise agreed to by the BRINK at its sole discretion unless other plans are known. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the BRINK to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving any prize, each potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the BRINK from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the contest prize. 12. All entrants and winners agree that BRINK shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
13. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the BRINK to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion. The BRINK is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the BRINK’s website.
15. All entrants and winners agree to give the BRINK and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the BRINK deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the BRINK harmless from any and all claims they may have against the BRINK in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the BRINK owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the BRINK. 16. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from BRINK regarding BRINK events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that BRINK may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes. 17. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of BRINK personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The BRINK will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and BRINK’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the BRINK, BRINK reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as BRINK deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by te BRINK are final. BRINK may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, BRINK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
18. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release the BRINK, Cumulus Media Inc. and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, and all contest sponsors from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.