Rodents, roaches, rats, termites, bedbugs, ants – Pests are filthy, period! If you have recently spotted signs of pests at home, such as droppings, damage to wooden structures, or scratch marks on the wall, you should consider hiring a pest control company at the earliest. You can find many Austin pest control companies and exterminators through a search on Google, but how do you choose the best? We have a few tips below that may come in handy.
- Ask others. Talk to your neighbors, colleagues, and family friends to find more on the exterminators they have worked with. References can be really handy when you are confused with many choices.
- Check reviews. A company that claims to do the best pest control in Austin should have enough clients. Turn to Google and Facebook to find independent reviews of the exterminator, and you can also check their website for client testimonials. Most companies do not mind sharing references either.
- Find about insurance. Pest control is a risky job, and you would want the exterminators working at your site to have workers’ compensation coverage. It is also important to check if the company has general liability insurance. Any incident during the course of the job shouldn’t become a liability for you.
- Check for licenses. All pest control services in Texas are required to have licenses and necessary permissions to do the job. Make sure that the concerned company is willing to show the details.
- Get an estimate after inspection. Steer clear of exterminators who have a ready price to offer. Unless their entomologist and experts have checked your home and the actual extent of the problem, you cannot expect a fair estimate. Also, make sure that there is no room for hidden charges.
- Ask about safety. Pest control products can be dangerous to humans and other animals, but thankfully, practices and methods have evolved over the years. Check with the exterminator to know if they will ensure the safety of others, especially kids and pets.
- Get a warranty. For selected pest control tasks, you can expect a warranty, while in other circumstances, the exterminator may recommend a periodical treatment. Nevertheless, ensure that the company has some confidence on the job, and if they promise anything, ensure that it is on paper.
Check for Austin exterminators now, to find one that fits the bill and is ready to share relevant details.